Friday, February 26, 2010

Reflections

This photo melts me into a puddle every time I see it...



Sitting here looking through all the photos I have of David brings these happy little tears to my eyes and I can't help but think about the last 6 months... plus those wonderful 9 months (and one day ;)) I carried him within me.

I still am shocked with myself that I'm not that shocked at all! It feels so natural to be "mommy". How is that possible? To just wake up and know that you ARE mom?

My whole life before David seems like it never really existed. He is my life... its like everything before him was just time filler, like those music montage in TV shows or movies when they want to kill time.


He brings so much light and happiness to my life...



I find myself singing "You are my Sunshine" to him on a daily basis and as I sing it, he smiles and does his cute little bashful "hide my face in mommy's neck" move... and again, those happy little tears slip out of my eyes...


I find myself crying every day because of him... happy tears, worried motherly tears, sad tears when he cries those heart breaking cries that I can't soothe... but it all seems to normal to me, so natural... and I'm shocked that that doesn't shock me.

Needless to say... I'm hopelessly in love with him...

Hopelessly in love with both my boys...


I watch Jeffry with him and that too brings those happy little tears out to play... they don't always fall... but they're there... gathering, pooling... then swallowed back up as I regain myself... telling myself its silly to cry so much... but I don't really mind the tears... my heart races every time from the overwhelming love I feel...



I can't imagine life without these two special souls...

They are my loves, my life, my happiness and I wouldn't give them up for anything in the world.
.Love.

No comments: