Monday, February 22, 2010

Saying goodbye to a dear pet and David's 6 month check up...

My dear sweet kitty Rosie was put down on 2-20-10 after 16 and a half years with me... sleeping every night with me, always being there for me when I was down... and just being a part of my soul. She has been losing a lot of weight but eating more than she has ever eaten in her life. You could tell her hips were going out on her... but even with all those problems, I still wanted to hold on her to and keep her as long as I could... but she couldn't stop peeing and pooping on the floors upstairs, and my dad's final straw was her going on his bed... he decided to make the decision for me. My heart breaks losing her, but I knew the time was coming... the baby can't be around such mess... and I was getting overly protective of the baby and stopped paying attention to her as much... talk about making me feel even worse... but yeah...
I loved her so deeply her whole life... and I will continue to love her...
I'm sad David never knew her the way I did. She was a wonderful cat. RIP my sweet sweet "bunny".
Onto the update about my little man...

David had his 6 month check up today. He's now 18 pounds, 26 inches long, and in the 50th percentile pretty much. He's a good healthy steady growin' little boy. Makes momma proud! ;)

Any way, I did bring up a few things with Dr. Jones.
One being the red sore in his neck fold that has been there since he was really little. This week it started looking really bad.
I guess he's got a little yeast infection there. I felt a little guilty about it... but Dr. Jones reassured me there was nothing I could really do to keep it from happening since you can't keep the moisture from getting trapped there. Either way though, I would of loved to be able to keep it dry... but yeah, whatcha gonna do?

He did have to get 3 shots today... Jeff is usually with me to help me deal with it, but he wasn't able to make it to this appointment. They brought another nurse in to hold David down during the shots. He only cried for a second, but he wasn't happy about what they did. They asked him if he wanted to go back to Momma and he looked at me, then back at the nurse, then back at me... and stretch out... grabbed my shirt, then I picked him up and he hid his face in my shirt... he's such a sweet heart. Not long after that he passed out.
Well... that's about it for his check up. Nothing really knew. :)
No news is GOOD news!

No comments: