Monday, August 16, 2010

Happiness along side heartache...

I will update soon about David's 1st Birthday party, but for now I wanted to share todays news.

Yesterday I found out a friend that had been battling lymphoma and winning, took a turn for the worse... I emailed his partner, who is also a friend, and he responded this morning telling me they had brought him home on hospice care on Sat. and that he wasn't sure how much longer he'd be around... thinking about a week.

While I was waiting for more news, I received happy news.  My brother txted me the ultrasound of their baby and had me guess what the sex was... and I guessed right!  They're having a girl!  Another beautiful little girl.  I'm so excited.  Though I was wrong when I guessed a boy.  :)

Right after that happy message, I received the message that broke my heart.  He passed away this morning sometime after my email chat with his partner/my friend...

My heart bleeds for them...

He was so very loved and he will be strongly missed... <3
Rest well my friend.


"When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. When you die, you rejoice, and the world cries."
– Tibetan Buddhist saying

No comments: