Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sunshine, how I missed Thee...


Finally!  The sun came out and said hello, and I sang back in joyous chorus to the wonderful warmth it casted down upon me!  (Though today, its rainy, but that's okay, it's making everything that pretty shade of green and makes me so excited... its a sign of things to come... buds, flowers, warm water for swimming in.)

Jeff and I spent Sunday outside on the lawn with our little man, soaking in that yummy warmth.  David is new to the outdoors since he was a newborn at the end of summer, and by the time he was old enough to do anything outside, it was negative "whatever" degrees out... and I was NOT about to take him out in that. ;P





Our outdoor sunshine fun time was rudely interrupted by these teeny tiny little bugs that were on the landscaping rocks.  They decided it would be fun to come down OFF their rock and onto our blanket... I noticed before they got too close, but either way, I felt pretty buggy after that... ("scolding hot shower here I come" kind of thing).
Creepy bugs that invaded!

Well, now I'm sitting here waiting for another sunny day to take him out with me... at least to get him in his bouncer on the lawn while try to organize the garage a bit.  (I decided to have a yard sale, so I'm trying to get that in order while also being "mommy", which we all know can be hard to do when you have a little one.)

David has also gotten really good at scooting.  Mostly backwards, but he's got the idea of what he needs to do for crawling, he just can't keep his balance right when he moves his hand forward.  He'll be crawling soon, I can feel it in my bones.  I have the camera ready for when he does... I've taken so many videos of him just rocking back and forth. (Which makes me giggle because its just so darn cute!)

Well, I'm off for a little bit.  I'm hoping to start updating again a bit more regularly.  Holidays also get me feeling so lazy about things like this... heh.  But writing is important... so one must continue such important things. :)