Saturday, May 8, 2010

Monster under the bed...

Recently I've been gating David in his room to play, since he's been on the move this last week and getting better and better at it every day.  His room is just the safest place for him, and he enjoys it.  Well... I hear some squawking... then its silent... and all the mommy alarms go off like, "What did he get into??" So I walk down the hallway quietly, so he doesn't hear me coming... I peek around the corner and eye the room.  No baby... hmm...


I hear some more coo's and gaa's, so I step over the gate, get down on all fours and go, "where's David?  Where could he be?"  and flip the dust ruffle on the crib up, and there he was, hands and knees, rocking back and forth with the biggest proudest smile a baby could have.  My heart melted.  He was SO excited I found him.


So after getting a little video of him under there (which I will put up as soon as I get it off the camera) I started to pull him out.  Cried the entire time.  He calmed down and went back to playing with his toys.


A little later Jeffry got home and went in to say hi to him.  He called me to come look... again, no baby... but daddy found him under his crib again talking away... smiling his big proud smile.  He was having such a blast. :)  I got some more video and pictures... but both Jeff and decided that David MUST be the monster under the bed.  So no fear to any children out there... he's gentle as a lamb and very friendly. :)

2 comments:

Christin Lore Weber said...

The little child in my soul will never again fear the monster under the bed! I think there's a fairy tale about that--many of them, in fact--Kiss the monster and it turns into a handsome prince :)

Anonymous said...

Aww what a sweet pumpkin!!! I love that he got under there himself, and was still under there, not trying to get out:D haha!

Cute!